Frequently Asked Questions

How much are my taxes?
Call (419) 636-1850 or go to Auditor's Real Estate Search page.

When are taxes due?
Taxes for the calendar year of 2014 are due February 15, 2015 and July 20, 2015.

What should I do if I did not receive a tax bill?
You need to obtain a duplicate tax bill. Call (419) 636-1850.

Can I write a personal check for payment of taxes?
Yes, make checks payable to Vickie L. Grimm, Williams County Treasurer.

Can I get a paid receipt for taxes sent by mail?
Yes, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with the entire bill and your payment.

Have my taxes been paid?
Call (419) 419-636-1850 or go to Auditor's Real Estate Search page.

What is the tax rate for my taxing district?
See the Tax Rate sheet on the Tax Collections page.

Can taxes be paid in advance?
Yes, we will apply your funds to the parcel indicated on your form of payment.  Funds will be applied as surplus until tax bills are invoiced, the amount in surplus will be applied to tax amount owed.   

Do you accept credit cards?
We accept credit card payments through a third party. The taxpayer makes these payments by telephone, Internet or in-office with a fee being charged to the taxpayer.

Do you have automatic payment deduction?
Yes, call (419) 636-1850 and ask for an automatic payment contract. You can do this annually, semi-annually or monthly.  Funds will be withdrawn on 15th, no exceptions.   

How do I make an address change with your office?
Please mail the address change including your name as it appears on your tax bill and your parcel number to:
Williams County Treasurer
One Courthouse Square, Suite H
Bryan, Ohio 43506

Where do my taxes go, who receives the money?
Call (419) 636-1850 or see the Real Estate Tax information on the Tax Collections page.

Can I appeal the penalty amount?
Yes, you will need to file a penalty remission form with the Treasurer. Call (419) 636-1850 for information.

Can I appeal the value of my property?
You have the right to file a complaint with the Board of Revision by March 31st. Complaints are handled through the Auditor's Office.

What if my taxes are delinquent?
You should contact the Treasurer's office immediately. A payment program is available for you. Taxes that are two or more years delinquent will be certified to the Prosecutor for Tax Foreclosure.

Do you have a payment drop box?